Sunday 2 June 2013

1st Marathon/ Training Group


The choice for my first marathon was an easy one.  The rock n roll marathon series is such a wonderful idea with music and fun all along the 26 mile course.  You are guaranteed perfect weather in San Diego so that was a no brainer... And it was my home race so plenty of friends and Tri Club members would be running in it as well.  San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon 2009 would be my first 26.2 mile marathon. 
My first triathlon at the Pasadena Sprint two years before was without coaching or guidance.  I was not a fan of that experience.  As soon as I joined the Tri Club San Diego I learned the sport so much quicker and with no injuries or wasted training to slow me down.  I figured I would do the same with running.  The San Diego Track Club is another local historic club in Southern California which is worth so much more than any dues or costs involved in being a member.
The San Diego Track Club  conducts a marathon training program, the Rockin' 'N' Runnin' Full Training Program, which prepares runners of all abilities for San Diego's Rock and Roll Full and Half Marathon the first Sunday in June. SDTC Coach Paul Greer is the director of the training program.

No comments:

Post a Comment